Lead-Loc Plus Installation Guide
Section 1: - Fit the Plastic Pipe First (The Push-Loc Side)
1. Mark the tube.
2. Chamfer the end.
3. Insert the Push-Loc side.
4. Job done!
Section 2: - Fit the Lead Pipe Second (The Lead-Loc Side)
- Cut the lead pipe.
- Smooth it’s surface for about 50mm from the end.
- Removing the minimum of lead and chamfer the end.
- The ideal lead pipe size is shown underneath the coupling description overleaf (on header card).
- It should be a free fit without excessive play.
- Re-assemble the coupling.
- THE PARTS MUST BE ASSEMBLED AS SHOWN IN THE DIAGRAM BELOW.
- TechTip: To determine the outside diameter of the pipe, wind a length of cotton twice around the pipe without stretching it and then measure its length.
- Divide this result by 44 and multiply this answer by 7.
- This is then the diameter of the pipe.
- Insert the lead pipe into the coupling body until it reaches the internal stop.
- Hold the body with a suitable wrench and tighten the lead thrust nut fully.
- Maximum torque necessary is 15lbf.ft.
- The 15mm or 22mm copper tube end is a conventional compression fitting.
- A seal should be achieved after one turn maximum or 10lbf.ft torque.
- Do not overtighten as this could damage the nut.
- Pressure test when complete and re-tighten coupling nuts.
- The Gripper Ring has necessary sharp edges, TAKE CARE WHEN HANDLING THIS COMPONENT.